Sunday, March 21, 2010

Collages





Sorry for the delay in updating my blog. The weather was really nice so I needed to get out of the house. My wife and I took Tessa with us to see "Alice In Wonderland" and dinner afterwards. It was a lovely evening and the movie was GREAT! Visually stunning with a solid story line.
I did several editorial collages for a magazine many years ago. Not my usual style but it is nice to do something completely different and out of your comfort zone. The topics were mostly for the central Pennsylvania area except for the national election between Kerry and Bush. The client provided a manuscript and some general thoughts but I was given free reigns to do what I wanted which is a rarity. A sketch was sent for approval or revisions. If my memory serves me well, there were no changes from the sketches, another rarity. I collected the components from magazines, books, etc with the celebrity head shots sent to me for use. They were scanned in and assembled in Photoshop. Getting every thing collected and scanned in was the most time consuming part of the process.
The final pieces have a Janet Woolley look to them. She is a master of editorial collages.

Until next week, keep on drawing!

No comments:

 
Follow my blog with bloglovin