Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Day Late and A Print Short


Hello everyone,

Sorry I am a day late with the post but yesterday was a bit busy and before I knew it, it was dark outside. Sometimes we all have days, weeks, months, or even years like that.

Well we have reached the "50 Followers" mark this week so a BIG THANK YOU for signing up to my little blog. And since I said I would give a print away once we reached that mark, I did that by using a online random number generator so the winner is ... drum roll please ... JILL SANDERS! So a Voltar print will be going out to her next week. I guess I will have to do a second giveaway of some sort once I hit a 100 followers. Thanks again to everyone for taking the time to sign up.
I started some new promo pieces which include the Roscoe caricature and the bikini girl but some projects came in that required my time. I hope to get back tho them soon. Here is a study of Roscoe's head which I tightened up the sketch and exaggerated more of his features. It has been a while since I have done a caricature so I wanted to make sure I could at least make a half decent attempt before I go to the final art. I will completed the piece on watercolor paper with pencil and ink which I am looking forward to doing.

That is about all I have for this weeks update. People here in the States, have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend and remember those who sacrificed for our freedoms.

"I prefer drawing to talking. Drawing is faster, and leaves less room for lies." Le Corbusier

2 comments:

Maria Madonna Davidoff said...

NIce illo and post and congrats on your 50 followers!

Russ Cox said...

Thank you so much Maria.

 
Follow my blog with bloglovin