Friday, June 4, 2010

Demons, Adobe, Oh My!


Keeping it short and sweet this week.


I thought I would share a logo that I am working on for a friend's business called "Demon Garage". He works on a lot of rat rods, hot rods, and vintage cars. Of course the logo must capture that "retro" look and feel. I wanted to give him three images that can be used with a typeface or used separately. I have some ideas for fonts but wanted to focus on the images for now. The image of the demon with a wrench in his mouth would work well for hats, shirts, and stickers. The "DG" gothic lettering can be used for the same promotional items as well as business cards. The demon in the car would be the main identifier for the business. The color pallet will be only 4 colors (black, red, yellow and orange) to keep the bold graphic look of the sketches. I really want to finish this logo in the next few weeks and post the end results.

Well it has been two and a half weeks of battling Adobe's refund management. This all started when one of their online tech people sold me the wrong upgrade. I have been on the phone and online numerous times trying to resolve the issue. The last person I spoke with said I had to fill out a form which is now going to add another 7-10 days before I get my refund. Then I must reorder the software again. Sorry to vent but this has been a tiring ordeal. Hopefully no one else has gone through this experience.

"Good drawing forms the 'bones' on which a strong painting hangs." Chris Bingle

4 comments:

theartofpuro said...

Great sketches!I'll wait to see it finished:)

Russ Cox said...

Thanks Puro!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

These are fabulous sketches indeed. Great line!

zvedo said...

very, very nice super.

 
Follow my blog with bloglovin