Friday, June 25, 2010

More Demon Garage



Hopefully, you are not sick of me posting the Demon Garage logo development. I think some people like to see the progress and steps in developing artwork. This next phase of the project deals with the adding of type to the car icon. I wanted to combine a vintage/retro style with a contemporary font. The idea of using a gothic font kind of stuck with me from the beginning. Playing with the different values of backgrounds, fonts, and borders also help the readability. With a few of the logos, I incorporated the flame icon from the "DG" graphic. The client wants to have shirts, hats, patches and signage made with the logo. Once he picks a direction, I will work it up with color and then it should be ready for print.

I have been playing around with the new features in Adobe's CS5 upgrade. I must say that I am really impressed! The latest edition of Flash has a bunch of time saving features. Some of them were in CS4 but I was using 3. The new method of tweening is as simple as moving the image the frame and Flash remembers the move(s). Also it looks like animators/designers can do more ActionScripting without having to learn all of the coding involved. Then there is the bone tool which will make body movements more fluid and natural. Flash Catalyst really has me intrigued and I cannot wait to redo my site so I can try it out. You design you site in Illustrator and do a drag & drop in Catalyst to make it interactive. Amazing!!! Since I use Illustrator all of the time, there are some new tools which is going to save me a ton of time. I can report on them later.

I am going to try to do an update next week but leave for vacation later in the week and will give you a full report on the trip. Have a lovely week.

"He who pretends to be either painter or engraver without being a master of drawing is an imposter." William Blake


No comments:

 
Follow my blog with bloglovin