Friday, July 16, 2010

Back in the groove


Hello everyone,

Sorry for not posting the last two weeks but I was in Tennessee for some fun and family visiting. My parents just moved to the Greeneville area and have been pestering me to come down for a visit. My sister, her twins, my daughter and myself made the trip down. We spent one day rafting in "Funyaks" which were not a lot of fun the last hour on the river. We went 10 miles in 8 hours due to the water being so low from the lack of rain. We were told that some have made the trip in a hour and a half. Now that is moving! I did not fall in but was constantly stuck on the rocks. Even the guides were getting stuck so I did not feel so bad. It was sweltering in Tennessee but not as hot as the Northeast during that time. Even Maine was steamy which my wife let me know about when I called. Things are cooling off a bit now. I'm looking forward to fall!

All kinds of new and fun projects were waiting for my return. Some things I cannot post at the moment due to confidentially agreement I signed. Lets just say lots of illustrations, logos, and animations with a sprinkle of web design thrown in for good measure. I am busy for the next month with the possibility of more coming in. Oh yeah, I am doing cd cover for a Pennsylvania musician which has been fun and very different for me. Lucky for me I got my vacation in just in the nick of time.

I may have a big announcement in the coming weeks. It really depends if the illustration gods align the planets just so. If things do fall into place, I could be busy for the rest of the year and into next. Stay tuned!

Dustin picked a final type treatment for the "Demon Garage" logo. We are now ready for color which I need to do when I get a free moment. I've attached the winning design. It still needs a few tweaks but it is almost there. It is my favorite design.
Well that is it for this week. I need to get back to the stack of projects on hand but I will leave you with this quote: "To draw, you must close your eyes and sing." Pablo Picasso

 
Follow my blog with bloglovin