Sunday, August 1, 2010

What a week!



Sorry for the delay in posting this week but it has been one very busy week. Worked on several logos, some character development, a couple of websites, and various illustration projects. I feel the need to do some work today just to stay on top of things. It is good to be busy. I hope everyone who follows the blog and FB page are busy as well.

The BIG NEWS this week is that the book I illustrated, Molly Kit Has Faith, has ben picked up by a publisher. I do not have a lot details right now but it could lead to a national release plus other books in the series and possible dolls from the characters.
Nothing on the later is set in stone but I did get the news about the book being picked up.


I did a workshop last weekend which we drew the figure in oil paint. It was so much fun to actually paint again. I love oil paints and their flexibility. Now I have the bug to paint some more and hope to do that really soon. The above images are a couple of the studies we did. The time for each one ranged from an hour and a half to 2 hours. The photos are a bit crappy but it gives you an idea of what we did.

Well this is going to be a short post but I will make up for it next week.

"Drawing is . . . not an exercise of particular dexterity, but above all a means of expressing intimate feelings and moods." Henri Matisse.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hi! Just found your blog, and I love your illustration style. Your oil paintings look very nice as well. I've been doing lots of painting myself lately, though often they do tend toward illustration.

 
Follow my blog with bloglovin