Friday, November 12, 2010

Short and Sweet

© Russ Cox/2010 Smiling Otis Studio

As this week progressed, I continued to work on some new promo pieces. The above image is something that I have played around with the last few weeks and finally got it where I am ready to start the final art. I like the idea of kids playing outside and using their imaginations. It is something that I feel is slowly fading away with all of the various media outlets and toys that are out now. It brings back memories of my childhood where we would be outside playing, building things, and not coming home until dinner time. It was a different world back then. Not that I am against the new technical toys we now have at our finger tips. I guess there needs to be a balance.

I got an offer to work on a series of books but we could not agree on a price. That happens and I was flattered to be asked to do them. I also had an e-publisher ask me if I had any stories that were illustrated ready for publishing. That really lit a fire under me to get them at least written and sketched out. I would like to have one ready for January but that might be a bit ambitious.

If you haven't done so, please head over to Pixel Shavings and follow our "Glog". It is a wonderful group of illustrators. I also have moved my "20 Minute Sketch Fridays" to its own blog. I have included a few other artist to post with me and hope to add more.

Well, I have some looming deadlines today so I will leave you with this quote:
"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness."-Eckhart Tolle

1 comment:

k.h.whitaker said...

great drawing, love all the details of the scene

 
Follow my blog with bloglovin