Friday, February 11, 2011

New Website

©2011 Russ Cox | Smiling Otis Studio

Greetings on this chilly Friday morning. After many late nights since returning from New York, I would like to announce that my new website is now online. My goal was to make it friendlier than the previous one. I stripped it down to the bare essentials by reducing the color pallet and simplifying the navigation. The images are now larger and sprinkled throughout the site. I added a section for sketches plus a page for work that is a bit different from my usually style. Let me know what you think.

With the website now up and running, I can now send out postcards to art directors. This weekend will be spent revising my mailing list database. Once I receive my postcards, I will mail out 25 a week and then send a new card every couple of months.

Last Friday I went to the Pittsfield Library and did some writing. It did wonders for me to get out of the house to work on my stories. This will be a Friday event for the next several months, if not longer. My goal is to have a story written and the book dummied up by June 1st. From there, I will send it out for review. We shall what happens.

As far as current projects, I have some animations to work on, a few logos in the works, some character development, and there are rumblings regarding Molly Kite. Nothing to report just yet but hopefully something shakes out with her.

Have a lovely weekend and coming week.

"There is no such thing as talent. What they call talent is nothing but the capacity for doing continuous work in the right way." ~ Winslow Homer


No comments:

 
Follow my blog with bloglovin