Friday, August 5, 2011

Bad Hair Day - A New Profile Image




©2011 Russ Cox | Smiling Otis Studio

A quick post for this week. I figure it was time to update my profile image so I did a quick sketch last week and came up with "Bad Hair Day". I was not happy with the original gremlins so I redid them which where then dropped into place in Photoshop. Once they were placed, I then painted the image in Photoshop this afternoon with custom brushes that I had created. The main goal was to treat it like a traditional painting so there was an underpainting. The colors were built up in layers from dark to light with the highlights the last thing I added. The overall color stayed bright so I did not have to tweak the hue and saturation. The other goal was to let the original sketch show through which helps keep the image loose.

"Painting is just another way of keeping a diary" ~ Pablo Picasso

 
Follow my blog with bloglovin