Sunday, September 18, 2011

Animals Gone Wild

Fall has arrived early here in Maine with crisp, cool nights and a slight chill in the air during the day. The leaves are turning and have begun to fall. There is something about this time of year that I absolutely love and really gets my creative juices flowing. Of course we know that winter is right around the corner so the few weeks and weekends we have of outside weather is spent prepping for the cold and snow. Another season that I truly love.















© 2011 Kids Crooked House | Russ Cox


These past few weeks have been a blur work wise. I just completed a project for Kids Crooked House in which I got to create animal characters for each letter of the alphabet. Here are a few of my favorites that we did together. Working with them is pure pleasure and great loads of fun. Can you guess the characters? Hint: they have two words in the name and each begin with the same letter.


Major Manners is coming along quite nicely. The publisher is very happy with the sketches to date. I will be working on a full color cover and a spread so they can begin promoting the book. There are already talks of additional books. Molly Kite is at the publisher now but I am not sure of when the book will be hitting the bookstores but I do know it will be this fall. The other two books in the series will begin sometime early next year.


My lovely wife and I are celebrating our 23rd anniversary together by heading to Boston for a few days. We want to go to the Boston Museum of Art while there. I really want to see the John Singer Sargent exhibit. We are also going to see Wilco and Nick Lowe which the two of us are looking to seeing.


"One must from time to time attempt things that are beyond one's capacity." ~ Auguste Renoir

3 comments:

Elisabeth Hirsch said...

I love this :)

Oh and have a wonderful anniversary celebration.

Russ Cox said...

Thanks Elisabeth!

Josh said...

I don't know how I missed these! These are fun!

My guesses for the animals are:
Pirate Porcupine
Crazy Chameleon
Muddled Monkey
Rockin' Rhino
Undercover Urchin
?
Zen Zebra

 
Follow my blog with bloglovin