Friday, July 27, 2012

A Collection of Doodles

©2012 Russ Cox | Smiling Otis Studio

I have been very busy these past few weeks so I thought I would post a collection of doodles. Many of you probably have already seen them on my Facebook or Google+ pages but since I do not have a lot to report at the moment, I would just share them again.



My picture book, Faraway Friends, is ready to be submitted to publishers and maybe a few agents. The feedback on it so far has been very positive. A few friends and colleagues have read over it and provided lots of valuable feedback and insight. We shall where it leads me.



Lots of book work seems to be coming in at the moment with some small publishers plus Outhouse Ink sent me another story to begin working on which I am very excited about. I cannot really chat too much about the projects I am working on due to confidentially forms that were signed.



On Friday evenings, I have been giving drawing lessons to a 9 year old boy who's parents we are friends with in Pittsfield. It has been a very fun experience and the boy has talent! You may be reading about him one day.


Until next time, I will leave you with this comment:
"Art is the stored honey of the human soul, gathered on wings of misery and travail." ~Theodore Dreiser, Life, Art, and America, 1917

4 comments:

k.h.whitaker said...

great sketches, I love Abe Lincoln :D Congrats on all the book work! That's great news!

Russ Cox said...

Thanks for the comment!

tahera said...

Animation is a very lucrative as well as creative field. Thanks to technology, one can pursue animation degree online

chiara favale said...

what wonderful illustrations! I really like them!

 
Follow my blog with bloglovin